Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lady, You've Got To Relax

As my acting class was coming to an end, were encouraged to become very passionate and "really get into the role". I took this advice to heart and wanted to put my skills on display but I was NOTHING compared to that one older lady.

I wrote about this woman before. She was the one who told the class about her "coked out sister" and I'm not talking the cola baby. She said she was a writer and my guess would be in her early 50's. She was friendly but always talked about how she "needed her caffeine".

There was a small amount of people I would look forward to getting up in front of the class and acting: Sam, the oldest person in the group who always had a joke to make no matter what the circumstance, Jeff- the slightly overweight dad of two who would sweat through his polo shirts on the regular, and this woman Susie-the crazy.

When Susie went up with her partner (don't remember who it was cuz my attention was on Susie) I was hoping for something special and I was not dissapointed.

I don't recall what the scene was supposed to be. Only what it ended up being. Susie wanted her partner to "submit" (that was our word of the day) to her request. It was to be something minimal but Susie took it down a whole other road. Susie started asking her partner about something but it turned personal within a minute.

"You need to pay! Why don't you support your daughter?!"

I froze. I was excited but also scared. I knew this was gonna enter a danger zone. Susie's partner opened her mouth but had nothing to say. She was speechless. I think this might have made Susie even more angry.

"I've been asking you for months." She began to weep slightly and talking in a calmer voice. "I know you have the money. I've seen the accounts. Please, please"

I was completely freaked the f*ck out. I mean clearly this woman has issues. Susie's partner looked at us, the audience. Susie looked up from her hands that were covering her face and just unloaded.

"Pay the F*CKING MONEY!!! Pay it! Pay it! Pay it!"

I literally had my hands over my mouth looking at everyone else to see if they were on my level. Half of me wanted to run out of the room for fear of being killed and the other half wanted to begin laughing hysterically. Our teacher cut in at this point and stopped the scene.

He gave the obligatory "Good job. Good job". I wanted someone else I really knew in the class with me that day more than ever. At the time it was completely ridiculous to be there in person. Looking back, it was funny as all hell. Top 10 most outrageous moments of my life so far. The teacher told us to take a small break while he continued to congratulate.

Wheter or not he thought Susie was homicidal or not, I don't know. All I know is that she is one crazy woman who needs to call a help line ASAP.

No comments: